I am still pulling out my hair on trying to get my SMTP Server and IMAP/POP3 mail server functioning properly. It seems as though it functions intermittently. I have gone through tier one level support and now am on to tier two support.
Here is the scoop so far.
- Two days ago, I could not turn on the function on the OSDL Linux remote server. Trouble ticket was sent. Next day it was turned on. Can now toggle.
- Started adding Email boxes and verifying operation of Emails one at a time. Verified using various mail clients. Everything looked OK.
- Today, mail intermittently will receive but most of the time can not send.
- Verified system POP3 and SMTP mail server settings. Toggled with authorization then without. No change.
- Spoke with several people at the service center. All were helpful but still no solid answers.
- Sent off an email to the next level and referenced the original trouble ticket which I believe still may be a factor on the problem.
- Tried rebooting the server. No change.
- Tried long and short e mail login names i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org or just help. No change.
- Verified DNS values. Everything looked OK there.
After spending eight hours on this I am ready for a Java break. Man, what a time killer this IT stuff!